A Comparison of DC Area Neighborhood Villages
This is a report (click) prepared by D. Michael Murtha, Ph.D. a volunteer with Arlington Neighborhood Villages in Arlington, Virginia. The report compares the descriptive material provided by 19 villages in Northern Virginia, DC, and Maryland on their websites in five areas, the village’s mission, village services, village vendor recommendations, advocacy assistance offered to village members, and social and other special purpose events organized by the village. The material, generally presented verbatim from their websites, is provided for reference purposes to be used by villages that seek to improve their functions and strengthen their public presentations.
Aging in Place 2013 Summer Study: Senior Villages in Montgomery County
- Identified current and emerging Senior Villages in Montgomery County
- Reviewed Village websites
- Surveyed and interviewed all Villages in the County.
- educate the Commission about the needs of seniors in diverse and lower income communities
- assess whether or not the Village concept is viable and sustainable within these communities
- to provide a strong foundation of knowledge about the status of current and emerging Villages for the County Villages Coordinator.