WAVE Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 12:30-2:30 pm
Library, 2501 Sherwood Hall Lane, Alexandria VA
(See Minutes Below)
Board Composition: Current Outgoing - Terms ending 12/31/2018, 2019 Members, and Founding Emeritus Members
DC: Patricia Clark, Leigh Sempeles, Patricia Scolaro, Peggy Simpson
MD: Mary Jo Deering, Don Moldover, Eddie Rivas, Denise Snyder, Miriam Kelty - term ending 2018, then Founding Emerita Member, Eva Cohen - term ending 2018
VA: Sharon Canner, Cele Garrett, Gail Kutner, David Prescott, Virginia Hodgkinson - term ending 2018, then Founding Emerita Member
1. WAVE mission and/or roles:
2. WAVE succession planning: review slides from CA regional group on succession planning
3. Determine Board member terms: stagger them appropriately
4. A. Dates for quarterly meetings in 2019: Feb 25 MD, April 22 VA, Sept 9 DC. and Nov 18 MD (Annual Meeting, elections)
B. Dates for future meetings: Jan, April, July, Oct, plus Board meetings
5. Review of WAVE dues – costs, reminder email, follow-up, etc.
6. By-Laws review: Board vote on by-law changes
7. Feb 2019 Member Meeting agenda
A. Board members will participate in suggesting and determining agendas/topics for WAVE Member meetings.
B. Board members should reach out to villages for ideas, speakers, membership concerns, etc.
C. Agenda items postponed from October: Susan Messina, Iona, on LGBTQ; Mary Proctor, Capitol Hill Village, on advocacy
8. Board members sign Conflict of Interest statement (who will create this?)
9. Identification of WAVE documents to be archived: Denise Snyder and Pat Scolaro agreed to review documents and recommend which need to be archived: Pat S. will review documents from 2012-2014; Denise S. will review 2015-2018.