Bradley Hills Village (BHV) is Hiring A Village Administrator
Bradley Hills Village (BHV) is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to be an intergenerational community of neighbors helping neighbors through social, educational, and recreational activities. BHV volunteers help others with transportation, friendly visits, errands and basic household tasks. One focus is helping seniors remain in their own homes, comfortably and confidently, by providing personalized support services and social activities.
The Village Administrator is responsible for managing a variety of tasks associated with record-keeping of a membership and volunteer database, and for matching Village volunteers with members requesting assistance. Other tasks may include assisting in scheduling social and educational events offered by BHV and supporting the activities of BHV committees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors according to the mission of the organization.
- Maintain contact with BHV members and volunteers in a friendly, respectful and confidential manner.
- Work with relevant community organizations.
- Cover the BHV helpline certain hrs/week, along with volunteers on call, and follow up on requests for assistance.
- Assist the Board to recruit additional members.
- Work with minimal supervision to maintain an efficient, organized operation, compliant with regulations, reporting to the President of BHV.
- Track organization income and expenditures, in consultation with the BHV Treasurer.
- Attend all Board meetings and implement Board directives.
- Minimum college degree.
- Work experience or interest in elders, social service or health care environments is strongly recommended.
- Organizational and administrative leadership skills, detail-oriented, and with energy and enthusiasm.
- A warm, social, outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with and supporting members’ needs.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and Access. Familiarity with Google Voice and cloud storage preferred.